Technical characteristics of infrared thermal imager camera:
1. Universality. In daily life, when the temperature of the objects around us is above 1000°C, they can emit visible light. In contrast, when the temperature of objects around us is at absolute zero (-273°C), thermal infrared rays will be emitted continuously, so thermal infrared rays (or thermal radiation) are the most widespread in nature radiation.
2. Penetration. The atmosphere, smoke clouds, etc. absorb visible light and near-infrared rays, but are transparent to thermal infrared rays of 3~5 microns and 8~14 microns. Therefore, these two bands are called "atmospheric windows" of thermal infrared. If these two windows are used, people can clearly observe the situation ahead in a completely dark night or on a battlefield with dense clouds. . It is precisely because of this outstanding feature that thermal infrared imaging technology provides advanced night vision equipment for the military, and an all-weather forward vision system is installed for aircraft, ships and tanks.
3. Heat radiation. The thermal radiation energy of an object is related to the temperature of the surface of the object. People can use the characteristics of thermal radiation to perform non-contact temperature measurement and thermal state analysis of objects, thereby providing an important detection method and diagnostic tool for industrial production, energy saving, and environmental protection.
Advantages of thermal imaging technology:
1. Long range. General infrared light products have an imaging distance of less than 100 meters. The infrared thermal imager the infrared rays radiated by the object, and is not limited by ambient light and illumination light. Generally, a telephoto thermal imager can observe people over 3 kilometers and vehicles over 6 kilometers.
2. Strong concealment. It is completely passive to receive signals, and because it does not actively transmit detection signals, it will not be easily discovered by anti-reconnaissance means.
3. Strong penetrating ability. Infrared thermal radiation has a stronger ability to penetrate, haze, rain, and snow than visible light. Therefore, the imaging effect of the infrared thermal imaging system is almost unaffected even under harsh conditions. Especially for the long-wave infrared thermal imaging camera of 8-14um, it has a stronger ability to penetrate fog.
4. Ability to work around the clock, resistant to strong light interference. infrared thermal imager does not need to rely on illuminating light and ambient light, only the target and background radiation to produce scene images, so the infrared thermal imaging system can work 24 hours a day, and it will not be affected by visible light intensity like other night vision equipment Light interference. Low-light cameras cannot image without ambient light.
5. Able to identify hidden targets. Ordinary camouflage is mainly to prevent visible light observation. Generally, criminals usually hide in grass and woods when committing crimes. Because the harsh outdoor environment will affect people's vision and illusion, it is easier to make wrong judgments. Infrared thermal imaging can penetrate camouflage and grass and leaves to detect hidden thermal targets. The temperature and infrared radiation of human body and vehicles are generally greater than that of vegetation and infrared radiation, so it is not easy to camouflage, and it is not easy to produce errors. judgment.
6. Fire monitoring. Common fires are caused by unobvious hidden fires. If the existing common methods are used, it will be difficult to detect such hidden fire signs. Since the thermal imager is an imaging device that reflects the surface temperature of an object, the phenomenon of early prevention and early extinguishment can be achieved if the thermal imager is used to find a fire point through the smoke.
7. Low power consumption and long life. Because laser lighting or infrared lamps require active lighting, the power consumption of the whole machine is relatively large. Especially in some special power supply occasions, a low-power infrared thermal imaging system must be used.